William L Moffat architect. Dated 1855. Former poorhouse, now
2 storeys, 11 articulated bays, (1-3-1-1-1-3-1) detached
single storey 3-bay gatehouse treated similarly. Long,
symmetrical south elevation comprises 3-bay inner range with
advanced and gabled inner (entrance) bay, gabled outer bays
linked by 3-bay ranges (door with sidelights in each of
these). Whitewashed, stugged, squared and snecked rubble,
contrasting painted ashlar long and short worked dressings. 2-centre-arched doors; 12-pane sashes (inner and outer ground
floor bipartites). End stacks on off-set bases; straight
skews. Rear (north) elevation similarly articulated, with
outshots, outbuildings and rubble-walled yards. 4-bay flanks.
Gatehouse with datestone in gable head above central pend.