Designed by Andrew Scott C.E. of Dumfries. Built circa 1859.
Former Shambellie offices and coachman's cottage, built
around 3 sides of open courtyard.
Cottage: single storey, 3 bays, with enlarged east-facing
windows; rear wing to courtyard. Painted rubble. Offices: 2 rectangular-plan ranges, both single storey, with lofts, and
built of white granite, close courtyard at north and at west.
North range with off-centre segmental arched pend, boarded
doors, small-paned windows, gabled loft doorway; other range
with 2 sliding doors to court, below canopy, roof swept down
at west (rear) to single storey level, 2 inner west-facing
doors below gabled head. Slate roofs.