James Barbour of Dumfries, architect. Built 1876-7. T-plan
Gothic church with gabled belfry raised high above porch in
south east re-entrant angle. Squared and snecked white
granite blocks with red sandstone ashlar dressings and
bull-faced quoins; some single angle buttresses.
Geometric-traceried, pointed and hood-moulded windows, gabled
main porch on east side of nave, pointed doorway in splayed
reveals, hood-mould with dog-tooth ornament. Belfry,
curiously 2-dimensional, with traceried 2-light opening on
buttressed tall shaft.
Continuous string stepped to link cills and carried as
hood-mould over south-facing doors. Blocked eaves;
saw-toothed skews; cross finial over either main gable; slate
roof. Modern hall added to west is excluded from listing.
Interior: elaborate roof timbers; low octagonal pulpit,
leaded south window inserted after 1914.