Circa 1850 substantial shooting lodge, incorporating early
19th century 3-bay house. 2 storeys with raised basement;
private chapel in south east re-entrant angle. Now an
asymmetrical gabled composition.
Original house painted rubble with rusticated quoins;
additions all squared white granite with contrasting red
ashlar dressings. South elevation: original house 3 bays,
advanced outer bays broader, with single windows; steps
oversailing basement area, round-headed central door and
sidelights below canopied gabled porch. 1st floor is
addition, bays gabled, bipartites with lugged dressings.
Curved east wall of chapel recessed at left, and wing behind;
2-bay right wing also recessed, with gables, and tall narrow
cross window lighting stair. Single and mullioned windows
throughout, some canted windows, corbelled to square, with
gables; gabled wall-head dormers. Some gables barge-boarded;
bracketted eaves; some stacks rebuilt in brick; slated roofs.
Chapel: also raised on basement; geometric-traceried windows,
larger south-facing window rises above eaves, with decorative
barge boards to gable, other windows flank central blind
opening on east wall, latter opening with columned jambs and
Chapel interior: timbered roof, supported at east end by
corbelled engaged columns with foliated capitals resting on
foliated corbels. Leaded glass sanctuary windows.