Walter Newall of Dumfries, architect. Built circa 1837.
Renovated, and additions to rear, James Barbour of Dumfries,
1900. 2-storey manse, with symmetrical 3-bay east (entrance)
front, and 2-bay full height rear wing.
Painted ashlar and chamfered margins. East elevation: central
panelled door with fanlight, brackets support deep, open
pediment above; 12-pane sashes. Plain eaves cornice; shaped
skews; corbelled end stacks with corniced, diamond flues
(single flue over south gable); slate roof. Wall at north
east angle returns east and steps down towards garage; roof
of wing swept down over kitchen, beyond. 3-bay south
elevation with advanced gable to right, and ground floor