Peddie & Kinnear, architects, circa 1870. Former stables
now converted for domestic use, 3 ranges in U-plan, Scots
baronial, with angle turrets to both south gables linked
linked to screen walls closing cobbled courtyard at south.
North range: 2 storeys, others single storey with lofts.
Harled, with red ashlar dressings and painted margins;
upper openings with pedimented dormer heads. Angle turrets
both circular with dummy gun loop and corbelled to square
at upper level, with steep pyramidal roofs; upper openings
house clocks and dovecote; diminutive lucarnes and
weathervane finial. North range in domestic use, 3
segmental cart arches to courtyard now blocked/glazed; door
to east; central wall head stack, 2 1st floor gabled
windows either side breaking eaves; east and west wings
both have square-headed doors, windows and loft doors;
east range also has segmental arched cartway and
distinctive leaded gabled and bracketted ventilator raised
above ramped plinth over wall-head. Coped stacks; south
gables crow-stepped; slate roofs.