Circa 1800, 2 storey and attic house over basement, 3 bays.
Red rubble, squared in east front facade, with contrasting
tooled sandstone dressings. Centre door approached by short
flight steps. Pair later double casement dormers with curved
Large earlier 19th century rear wing of 2 storeys and attic,
all harled with tooled margins; 2 diminutive piended dormers;
piended roof. Mainly 4- and 12- pane glazing; coped end
stacks to main house and large hipped wallhead stack to rear
wing; slate roofs.
Various single storey extensions of different dates.
Gate piers; Pair square channelled ashlar gate piers with
coursing accentuated with contrasting painting; shallow
pyramidal caps with diminutive ball finials.
The boundary between the parishes of Ardersier and Petty
runs through Ardersier Village along Stuart Street.
No. 2 Stuart Street and The Old Toll House, Ardersier, are
to be found in the Petty Parish list.
The 18th century development of Ardersier village as a
service and residential area to Fort George is reflected
architecturally by the regular housing each side of the
High Street, with both front elevations and gable ends.
Despite some intervening modern single storey properties,
nos 11-16 High Street are included in a B group for the
importance of their gable ends to the street frontage.