Late 18th century. 2-storey, 3-bay former manse, with single storey flanking wings and alterations (1837). Harled; E and W elevations painted rubble. Polished granite margins to S elevation.
S (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: granite columned open porch at centre (1837 ?), with heavy cornice and blocking course; panelled door with 4-pane fanlight; granite steps. Regularly disposed fenestration; tripartite windows at ground floor (probably 1837). Half-piended wings slightly recessed to left and right; bipartite window to each.
W ELEVATION: wing adjoined, with window to right.
E ELEVATION: wing adjoined, with window to right.
N ELEVATION: window to left and right at 1st floor. 2-storey gabled stair block addition at centre; stair window to W return, and window at ground and 1st floors to left to N. House clasped by lean-to additions flanking at ground floor; window to lean-to to right; 2 doors and 2 small windows to longer lean-to to left.
Largerly 12-pane glazing in sash and case windows, 8-pane in bipartite windows. Red sandstone coped skews and bracketted skewputts. Painted rubble gablehead stacks; harled wallhead stacks to wings, to E and W. Grey slates.
Modern glasshouse situated to W. Long gabled range of rubble outbuildings to NW. Decorative wrought-iron gate at entrance to drive.