Circa 1740. Symmetrical Classical mansion house. 2-storey, with raised basement and attic, 5-bay, with flanking single storey and raised basement, single bay wings. Painted rubble; E elevation harled. Some red sandstone dressings, some polished granite. Concrete surrounds to E elevation. Sandstone eaves cornice. Granite rusticated quoins.
W (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: door at centre at ground floor; granite columned portico, with cornice and blocking course; pilasters flanking double-leaf panelled door and Y-traceried fanlight. Sweeping granite steps, with simple wrought-iron balustrade, up to door; window to both returns under steps. Regularly disposed fenestration; small window at centre at 1st floor; small windows at basement. Sandstone keystoned round-arched architraves with impost blocks to windows at ground floor; granite margins at 1st floor and basement. Flanking wings slightly recessed, each with later sandstone full-height canted window, with base course, dividing string course, eaves cornice and blocking course. Lean-to former coach-house slightly recessed to outer left; sandstone round-arched carriage opening, boarded above modern garage door.
N ELEVATION: small blocked window to outer left, above wing. Lean-to adjoined under eaves cornice of wing; 2 bipartite windows to N. E ELEVATION: French stair window at centre at ground floor, linked to foundations of former wing, now garden, to E by timber bridge; window to left and right. 5 bays to basement and 1st floor; door at centre at basement; regularly disposed fenestration. Bipartite window at basement andwindow at ground floor to left wing. Door slapped to left, 2 windows to right at basement and window at ground floor to right wing. Lean-to to outer right; round-arched opening with double-leaf boarded doors;
2 oculi to left, upper 1 larger.
S ELEVATION: later window to outer right, above wing. Keystoned round -arched window with impost blocks to left and right at ground floor. Modern glasshouse adjoined to left at basement. Largerly plate glass glazing in sash and case windows, some 4-pane, some small-pane. Graded grey slates. Shouldered corniced wallhead stacks to N and S to house and wings, linked to piended roofs; tall brick shaft to stack of N wing stack. 2 canted and piended dormer windows and small flat-roofed dormer windows between to W pitch. 3 rooflights to E pitch.
INTERIOR: Gothick detailing to doors.
Bell, suspended from framework of granite pillars, to E; bell inscribed "Kirkmabreck 1835".
Foundations of former substantial wing to E, now used as garden. Timber game-larders situated to E.
2 pyramidal-capped square granite gatepiers; iron gate.