James Barbour and John MacLintock Bowie of Dumfries,
architects, built 1904-5. Small Gothic church. Arts and
Crafts; now converted for domestic use. Snecked, bull-faced
red ashlar. Rectangular plan; squat, 2-storey square entrance
tower at N end of E wall.
TOWER: battered angle buttresses (similar single buttresses
at other angles); recessed E-facing door, window above breaks
through eaves and has gabled dormer head (louvred slits to
flanks); slated, steep pyramidal roof swept over eaves; 2-bay
aisle in S re-entrant angle with roof swept over, wallhead
gable to W. Plain, 5-bay W wall; 2 narrow pointed arched
windows in either gable. Slate roof.
Interior altered. Set behind coped, bull-faced ashlar wall,
latter stepped down slope, with square piers and shaped
wrought-iron railings; gatepiers have pyramidal caps.