Earlier 19th century single storey lodge picturesquely sited
above river bank and with modern addition to E; circa 1880
gatepiers and quadrants. Rubble-built with ashlar dressings.
LODGE: basement to bank (S), octagonal bay to SW, with
round-headed ground floor openings. Broad eaves; central
stack with 3 bull-faced flues. Modern advanced gable to
driveway, basket-arched recessed door to right; addition also
with gable to driveway. Slate roofs, facetted over octagon.
GATEWAY: 4 square, corniced and ball-finialled gatepiers,
those flanking driveway, taller; decorative cast-iron gates.
Long quadrants with iron railings, southmost wall curved to S
and linked to bridge.