Apparently John Henderson, 1862, revising Mr Crombie's design
of 1858; alterations to recessed wing by James Barbour and
John MacLintock Bowie 1904. 2-storey, 3-bay former manse.
Stugged ashlar with polished dressings.
S ELEVATION: central slightly advanced bay gabled above
wallhead and with arched eaves; round-headed doorway in
moulded, keystoned surround, panelled door with fanlight;
ground floor tripartites in outer bays, bipartites at 1st
floor (all with wooden mullions and lying-pane glazing); band
course between floors continued as cornice at inner bay.
Piended and platform slate roof; symmetrically placed and
linked stacks giving unusual roof silhouette. Full-height
single bay gabled wing recessed at right incorporates fabric
of earlier manse at lower level. Asymmetrical rear elevation.