Dated 1845. 2-storey, 3-bay farmhouse forming part of
courtyard steading (latter single storey, W and N ranges
with lofts). Rubble-built, with ashlar dressings.
Long asymmetrical E front: (courtyard entered at left)
house at right, central door, 12-pane sashes in outer bays,
gabled 1st floor dormer heads, projecting eaves and coped
stacks; steading range adjoing 5 bays with dovecot flight
hole, 2 lintelled cart openings in piended end wall of S
range with inscription at eaves. Some altered openings to
courtyard elevations of N, S and W ranges; last has 2
centrally placed square loft openings, and pyramidal-roofed
axial ventilator near S end. All roofed with graded slates.
Statement of Special Interest
E wall of steading S range inscribed "He causeth the grass
to grow for the cattle and herb for the service of man" at
eaves, and dated on central column. Door lintel of house
inscribed "E/PD 1915" which might indicate some alteration
work done then.