Probably by David Bryce circa 1867. Asymmetrical single
storey and attic lodge (?originally 2 cottages) with low rear
wings, detached fully operational smithy closes courtyard at
N; latter entered from E, screen walls with circular piers; ball-finialed gatepiers flanking driveway may be 20th
century. Snecked stugged and squared rubble with ashlar
dressings; roofs all covered with graded slates.
LODGE: 4-bay S elevation (to driveway) with blocked door
left, projecting chimney breast right; 2 bipartites with
wooden mullions; 3 gabled dormers. Original roof U-plan, with
projecting eaves and single end stack; wallhead to court now
raised in timber and linking outer gables. Gabled timber
porch in 2-bay E flank. Coped stacks.
SMITHY: plain, rectangular-plan range with door to court and
small-paned flanking windows, vehicle opening to either long
wall (that to N, with sliding doors, is probably enlarged).
Original stone furnace with coped wallhead stack at N; large
guillotine mounted beside door. Rooflights.
GATEPIERS: 2 square piers each with leaded dog's head mask;