P MacGregor Chalmers, architect, 1914. Bull-faced red
sandstone church with polished chamfered margins. 4-bay nave
and aisle to N with 2-light pointed-arch windows small-paned
leaded glazing or stained glass.
Tower to W with porch at base; hoodmoulded pointed-arch
doorway with recessed double-leaf doors.
Tower with 1 tall stage and belfry stage above with string
course dividing stages. Belfry stage with cusped lancet
openings and pointed-arch hood; crenellated parapet with
small bartizans corbelled at angles and rainwater spouts.
Stumpy facetted spire. Slate roofs.
INTERIOR: entry from porch at base of tower to nave; 4-bay
aisle to left separated from nave by round arched arcade
supported on piers of various section. Chancel arch supported
on pilasters. Steps to marble dais at chancel; carved oak
communion table and lectern. Chancel window by Douglas
Strachan, aisle window by David Ballantine (resited from
previous church), nave windows David Gulland.
Dry stone walls to churchyard; main gates cast-iron with
gatepiers supporting good Art Nouveau lamp brackets.
Churchyard with many 18th and 19th century tombstones.
Herries memorial: square painted rubble enclosure, corniced
and with raised polished margins and quoins; memorial plaques
to Herries family.