Built circa 1784-1789 with major additions of 1873 and 1887.
2-storey and basement double-pile 18th century house with
projecting entrance bay to N and later porch. Lower 2-storey
wings of 1873 with further later additions to W of 1887.
S ELEVATION: squared ashlar with pinnings, polished margins
and base course. All openings with moulded architraves, 1st
floor windows corniced sash and case with 12-pane glazing
pattern. 5-bay elevation with elegant flight of steps over
basement with cast-iron baluster to central architraved door.
Left 2 bays at ground with 19th century corniced canted
window with plate glass sashes. Moulded eaves cornice with
blocking course from which springs roof.
N ELEVATION: rubble with smooth rusticated quoins; detailed
as above. Full-height advanced bay with single storey porch
sheltering steps over basement. Mid 19th century porch with
paired pilasters, cornice and blocking course; off-centre
doorway with timber architrave (19th century arrangement).
Lower 2-storey and basement flanking wings of coursed ashlar
with polished red sandstone dressings and quoins. Wing to E
with tripartite window to both elevations and round-headed
dormer above. Wing to W with top lit billiard room. Further
domestic offices in rough rubble to W.
Slate roofs throughout; corniced axial stacks, 19th century