Built circa 1804, woollen mill complex. Mill house to N with
2 main detached ranges of mill buildings around courtyard,
further range of weavers cottages to S.
MILL HOUSE: 2-storey, 3-bay rubble-built with raised margins.
Modern, (circa 1980) rendered brick gabled porch to centre.
All windows single light with good replaced timber sash and
case windows, 12-pane glazing. Rear wing sympathetic modern
2-storey rendered brick addition.
MILL BUILDINGS: To NE, L-plan 2-storey spinning mill with
single storey dye house to S; fragments of machinery survive.
All rubble walling with slate roofs (that to Dye House
reslated circa 1980). Two wheelpits, that to NE angle
abutting spinning mill, is original though the wheel has been
removed. Wheelpit and wheel to E are mid 20th century
additions to drive generator. Dye house single storey, rubble
built with wallhead stacks.
WEAVING SHEDS: opposite Spinning Mill, detached 2-storey
rubble built slate roofed weaving shed, built into rising
ground. Floor levels altered to accommodate later grain silo.
WEAVERS COTTAGE: to S of complex, row of single storey rubble
and slated weavers cottages.