Probably circa 1764. Corn mill with contemporary mill house
set at right angles to one another; both ranges heightened in
19th century with ashlar quoins. All converted for domestic
including rooflights and doors, ranges linked by timber
corridor: Peter Barefoot of Ipswich architect. Mill wheel
survives in poor condition (1987); lade removed. Rubble-built
with ashlar dressings (modern openings concrete); all
whitewashed; slate roofs.
MILL: rectangular-plan; breast-shot timber and cast-iron
wheel on N gable; square outshot on each flank with main roof
swept over; S gable openings at 3 levels, and roadside
HOUSE: single storey and attic; S elevation 3 bays with door
off-centre, gabled wallhead dormers in outer bays, ground
floor openings in chamfered margins, boulder base on sloping
ground at left. Full-width modern flat-roofed addition to N
ugly stack; rebuilt diminutive end stack.