William Burn, 1840-2. Gothic style rectangular-plan church with 3 stage tower. Whinstone; cherry-cock pointing; sandstone ashlar dressings. Base course; blocking course; buttresses to angles and dividing NE elevation bays.
SW (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: 3-stage advanced square-plan tower; string course dividing stages; steps to roll-moulded arched entrance porch; 2-leaf timber door; ?1842? inscribed above; single lights to SE and NW elevations. Single arched lights at 2nd-stage; hoodmould. Arched louvred light to all elevations at 3rd-stage. Conical-roofed round tower at NW corner. Corbelled battlement; cannon spouts. Single arched lights flank tower at ground.
NW ELEVATION: 3 arched lights to nave. Advanced gabled porch to outer left; 2-leaf timber door. Buttresses flank timber door to outer right.
NE ELEVATION: central loop tracery light; flanking single lights; louvred oculus to gablehead; cross finial.
SE ELEVATION: 3 arched lights to nave; single timber door to outer left. Advanced rendered and whinstone extension to outer right; boarded timber entrance door at re-entrant angle.
Leaded and stained glass windows (see below). Grey slate roof; stone skews. Cast iron rainwater goods.
INTERIOR: timber pulpit, lectern, elders chairs, pews and gallery of 1932, (Victorian pews stripped of varnish). 3 arched lights to nave. NE window depicts Our Lord stilling the storm by J & W Guthrie & Andrew Wells Ltd, 1918-9.
BOUNDARY WALLS, GATEPIERS AND GATES: coped rubble boundary walls enclosing site; iron gatepiers and gates.