1875. School and adjoining school house. 2-storey house; single
storey school adjoined to W. Whinstone rubble; squared and snecked to S elevation. Sandstone angle margins and chamfered margins, both with occasional quoins, to S elevation; brick quoins and margins, with sandstone lintels and cills to E, W and N elevations. Overhanging eaves.
S (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: 4-bay; school in 3 bays to left. Jerkin-headed bays advanced to outer left and right. Lean-to porches in re-entrant angles to advanced gables; door to S faces and window to inner returns. Tall bipartite window to bay to outer left. Bipartite windows in centre bays. Bipartite window at ground floor and window at 1st floor to bay to outer right.
W ELEVATION: 2-light window at ground floor and window at 1st floor to left. Gabled bay advanced at centre, with fanlit door to S return, and window at ground and 1st floors to E. Jerkin-headed bay to right, slightly recessed from centre bay, with 2-light window at ground floor and window at 1st floor.
N ELEVATION: jerkin-headed bay to right of centre, with modern extension adjoined. 2-light window to right and at centre. Brick outbuilding ajoined to left of centre: window above at 1st floor; door to left, with small window flanking to left. Extension, in compatible style, with overhanging eaves and graded slate roof; jerkin-headed to N, small-
pane sash and case windows.
Mainly 4-pane glazing to house. Compatible modern timber-framed glazing to school, with 8-pane lights. Decroative cast- iron finial to jerkin-headed roofs to left to S, and to E. Gablehead stack to jerkin-headed bay to right to S; wallhead stack to left to left to N. Grey slates, graded to deeper pitches of school roofs; some slate replacement. Original rainwater goods.
Interior of school modernised.