D A Stevenson (engineer), 1900. Tapering 4-stage circular-plan lighthouse and rectangular-plan single and 2-storey, 5-bay keeper's house. Harl; sandstone ashlar dressings. Base course; eaves course; advanced quoins; long and short surrounds to openings.
LIGHTHOUSE: timber entrance door to NW; '1900 erected by the commissioners of northern lighthouses D A Stevenson engineer' inscribed within flat pediment; single windows at 2nd and 3rd stages to NW and SE elevations; metal circular handrail; circular light casing. Adjoining flat-roofed building to SW. 3 single windows to SE and SW elevations. Timber door to NE elevation.
KEEPER'S COTTAGE, SE (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: advanced gabled timber entrance porch; foliate capitals; decorative timber bargeboarding; 2-leaf timber door; "In Salutem Omnium 1900" inscribed within pediment; single window aligned at 1st floor. Regular fenestration to flanking bays. Single windows at ground in single storey bays to outer left and right.
NW (REAR) ELEVATION: single window at ground to centre, pair of single windows aligned at 1st floor; regular fenestration to flanking bays; 2 single windows to single storey bays to outer left and right (timber and glass door replaces single window to outer right). Lean-to to left.
NE ELEVATION: single window and entrance to right.
SW ELEVATION: 2 single windows to left.
4-pane timber sash and case windows to Keeper?s Cottage. Flat roof; corniced wallhead stacks; circular cans. Cast-iron rainwater goods.
INTERIOR: not seen 1997.
FOGHORN, OUTBUILDINGS, BOUNDARY WALLS AND GATEPIERS: foghorn to SW of lighthouse; various flat-roofed outhouses within site; coped painted rubble boundary walls; square-plan gatepiers; pyramidal caps. Decorative iron work to timber porch.