James Barclay, 1816. Single storey, 5 bay, U plan, piended house. Dressed ashlar and squared and snecked rubble. Eaves course. Stone mullion.
SW (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: symmetrical. Deep set panelled timber door with diamond astragalled fanlight at centre with flanking narrow windows, all recessed under narrow canopy with 2 rusticated pillars; further windows in outer bays.
SE ELEVATION: symmetrical 3 bays to left with lower, recessed bay to outer right. 3 part bow window with conical roof at centre, windows in flanking bays; window to outer right.
NE ELEVATION: 3 bay. Bipartite window at centre, slightly advanced bay to right with small modern window at centre and advanced bay to left with timber door to right, modern window to left and wall with pedestrian gate abutting to outer left, on return to right.
NW ELEVATION: window at centre and in bay to left of centre.
12 and 14 lying pane glazing patterns to SE and SW; 6 pane glazing pattern to NE centre, 6 pane horizontal glazing pattern to NW right and 2 pane horizontal over 8 pane to left, all in timber sash and case windows. Grey slates. Coped ashlar stacks with cans, some polygonal.
INTERIOR: plain cornicing.
OUTBUILDING AND BOUNDARY WALL: former dairy/laundry(?). Piend roofed, slated rubble outbuilding with droved quoins, door and window to NW, adjoining wall to NE. Semicircular coped rubble boundary wall. Stack.