William Robertson, 1841. 2-storey, 3-bay house; harled,
tooled ashlar margins. Slightly advanced and gabled
centre bay with segmental headed hoodmoulded door
flanked by later bipartites; inscribed plaque above
centre 1st floor window within open pediment; small apex
stack. Projecting stair wing to centre rear; later
single storey addition with piended roof at NW. Modern
double-glazed units with unfortunate sandwiched
astragals to upper windows; corniced end stacks; barge
boarded gables; slate roof.
Pair square tooled ashlar gate piers with shallow
pyramidal caps and pair simple spearhead cast-iron
double gates; coped whitewashed rubble garden wall.
Statement of Special Interest
Former "Infant School". Plaque inscribed; "To
perpetuate the memory of a man of worth and for the Education
of Infants in his native Parish, this building was erected
by the friends of JOHN INNES Esq. of Broad Street Buildings,
London, who was born at Auldearn the 25th Dec. 1767 and died
in London the 26th Nov. 1838".
Plans show school accommodation on ground floor and for
teacher in 1st floor.
1987 original lying pane glazing to replaced windows