Dated 1628. U-plan block, altered late 18th century by
insertion of coach-houses, minor alterations of Simpson
period. Gatehouse has doocot upper floor with corbelled angle
pinnacles and fine Royal Arms on N.W. face;
tunnel-vaulted ground floor with arched recesses either side,
2 bosses in main vault and one in soffits of recesses;
richly rusticated N.W. arch, over-shadowed by later chamfered
outer portal, S.E. arch roll-moulded.
Wings 2-storey harled, openings mainly original and
chamfered, semi-circular coach house arches inserted late
18th century, perhaps 1777 (detached panel).