Main building of the present Farmhouse formerly the Inn:
c.1710; two storeys, three windows, centre door. Squared granite, skewputts, coped chimneys. Annexe to W: single storey,
piended roof (c.1806), squared granite, one window and door
to S two windows to W. Door has well preserved asuragal
fanlight. Both buildings supposed "cherry-cock" pointed, some
of this surviving on the W wall of annexe.
Single-storey rear wing to main part.
Stables lie to the E of the Farmhouse. Tall, two-storey and
loft, granite rubble, brush-pointed dressed margins, with
skewputts; slated-roof lean-to on N gable; and slated-roof
lean-to coach house on E wall for three coaches;
original entry on E but later walled up and entry made on the
S gable for farm use. Stable originally for fourteen with
chaumer above but upper floor now removed and hay loft floor
Statement of Special Interest
An interesting feature of the farmhouse is that the old
box-bed partitions still exist in the "garret" but are badly
infested with woodworm.
Interesting roof members - split trees - may be original? Two
windows on W now blocked, fireplace on E wall, door on first
floor to N now blocked.