Late 18th century complex of slightly different builds.
COURTYARD SQUARE WITH DWELLINGS: probably John Baxter, 1772.
2-storey, 5-bay S facing frontage with slightly lower,
2-storey single bay set back wings terminating U-plan rear
range enclosing hollow square. Tooled and squared rubble
frontage, tooled rubble elsewhere, tooled ashlar dressings.
Centre keystoned segmental-headed pend with impost blocks
leading to inner court. Regular fenestration with 12-pane
glazing. Shaped centre front wallhead stack; coped end
stacks; Banffshire slate roofs.
Inner court enclosed by 2-storey U-plan range comprising
dwellings, former cooperage, stables, stores. Forestair leads
to 1st floor.
FISH HOUSE: dated 1783. L-plan single storey range abutting W
gable of steading square; rear yard closed at N by wall.
Irregular 4-bay S front with doorway and blocked keystoned
arch (as steading square) with centre window. Further
doorways in W return elevation and massive double wallhead
stack. Varied glazing. Slate roofs.
INTERIOR: 2 large fireplaces each fitted with substantial
iron swey; wheel and hoisting tackle in roof. Stone slab