Circa 1750, with additions by A Marshall Mackenzie, 1900. 2-storey, 5-bay lairds house with raised basement, piended roof. Coursed whinstone rubble with galleting, probably formerly harled. Raised granite ashlar margins, rusticated quoins, modillioned cornice. Basement and rear harled.
S ELEVATION: ashlar steps to entrance at principal floor; porch with Corinthian columns, and entablature. Double, 2-leaf doors with strip fanlight with latticed glazing. 4 windows to principal floor and basement, 5 windows at 1st floor. 2-bay, single storey wings flanking, A M Mackenzie, 1900; piended, 2 windows to each floor.
N ELEVATION: polygonal roofed, canted stair tower projecting at centre, with door at ground, 2 stair windows above. Unfortunate lean-to addition to right at ground, window to outer bay, 2 blocked windows at 1st floor. 2 windows at each floor to left; canted, piend-roofed dormer to attic.
Single storey, 3-bay steading range adjoining at right angles to E,
forming court. 2 broad, basket-arched cart-arches, now glazed door, to outer left. Coach-house to N (see below).
E AND W ELEVATIONS: 2 windows at 1st floor to each gable. Sash and case windows, circa 1900, with 6-pane upper, 2-pane lower sashes. Some 12-pane glazing retained at rear. Grey slates to piended roof with swept eaves. Broad, tall corniced ashlar stacks with decorative cans.
INTERIOR: tripartite plan. Some plasterwork retained. 6-panelled, raised and fielded doors and shutters. Stone turnpike stair to 1st floor, in rear stairtower. Drawing Room to W at 1st floor with coved ceiling, simple cornice. Some original fire-surrounds. Bread-ovens to kitchen, and steading range.
COACHHOUSE: to N of house.
Single storey, with segmental arch to W gable, ashlar belfry above with weathervane.
BOUNDARY WALLS AND GATEPIERS: Rubble garden walls, and ashlar gatepiers to N, corniced with ball finials.