Dated 'Fundat 2 May 1675' with initials of Sir Alexander Seton and Dame Margaret Lauder his wife. Large approximately rectangular area 190 x 160 yds. comprising W. upper garden with house at W. boundary and E. lower garden with raised terraces N. and S., S. terrace demolished 19th century and partly rebuilt only and including: a) Fountain in upper garden, recreated in 1956 but including 17th century cubical stone with 4 mask heads and ball finial; b) Gateway and Stairs to Lower Garden. Rusticated plain pilastered piers with pineapple type finials flanked by
short balustrades, double stairs to garden with central niche, bee boles in N. and S. walls; c) Twin Pavilions, 2-storey rubble with quoins at angles and openings, groin vaulted ground floors. N. pavilion reroofed with original ogee form 1956, upper room lined with Woolmet panelling of
c. 1686 or later. S. pavilion has early 19th century pyramid roof, extended in same style as house later; d) Fountain. J.S. Richardson 1956 from fragments of Pitmedden fountain and Robert Mylne's Linlithgow Cross fountain. Octagonal basin, central bowl on baluster, richly sculptured. Re-erected by Henry Macdonald estate mason; e) Sundial. Set on present site 1958, formerly at site N.W. of house. 8' 9" high,
octagonal facet head dial, ball finial, simple shaft with chamfer and tapering neck above, 3-step podium.