Dated 1734. Later 19th century enlargement of windows and
internal re-modelling. Tall plain narrow 2-storey and attic,
3-bay house with single storey and attic wings, projecting at
main W front to form U-plan court and set back from rear E
elevation. Harl pointed rubble house, harled wings, tooled
and polished ashlar dressings and margins.
Centre entrance with lugged and moulded doorpiece below
segmental-headed pediment with coat of arms and date in
tympanum flanked by carved thistle (L) and rose (R); later
19th century double-leaf panelled door. Regular fenestration
(all windows in centre block of house enlarged) 3 windows
break wallhead under swept dormers; similar fenestration in
rear (E) elevation with blocked centre door; single blocked
ground and 1st floor windows in N and S gables.
Both wings have 2-bay N and S elevations, at N with 2 small
attic windows below wallhead and later 19th century swept
dormer at E; S wing attic lit only by gable window in W
4-pane glazing throughout. Flat skews; shaped skewputts; tall
coped end stacks (18th century copes); slate roofs, steeply
pitched at wings.
INTERIOR: remodelled in later 19th century. Plain steep
staircase with wooden balustrade and handrail; later 19th
century panelled doors and window shutters; no chimneypieces