Matthews and Mackenzie, Aberdeen; dated 1883. Simple
rectangular Gothic church with 5-bay buttressed long N and S
elevations; gabled entrance porch at NW and minister's room
entrance at E gable. Pinned tooled pink Ben Rinnes granite;
tooled granite dressings. Pointed-headed windows in long
elevations; triple lancets light W gable and rose window E
gable; square leaded glazing. Apex finials; ridge bellcote
at W with cusped facets and fish-scale slate to small spire
with cast-iron weathervane; slate roof; red pottery ridge.
INTERIOR: all original fittings and decoration. Pulpit at E
with finialled backboard and finialled and cusped front;
decorative cast-iron balustrading to chancel enclosure with
clerk's desk fronted by communion table. Gallery at W with
balustraded front; pine dado with stencilled frieze; pine
pews. Braced pine roof.
Low coped wall with decorative cast-iron railings and
matching pedestrian gate to road frontage; coped rubble wall
War memorial stands by entrance gate.
Statement of Special Interest
Ecclesiastical building in use as such.
Present building replaced earlier church of 1813, probably
on site of present burial ground. Now rarely used (1986).
Quoad Sacra parish of Glen Rinnes constituted in 1865.
Neighbouring burial ground not included in listing.
Listed Category B for furnishings.