Mansion on E-plan. Harled. Corbie-stepped. Slated roofs.
North wing. 17th century, incorporating earlier work. 2
South wing. 17th cent. 2 storeys Inset panel inscribed "GP/IC
1686" Doorway with Gibbsian surround
The two wings are linked by the west range; 18th century. 2
storeys, 5 bays wide. Forestair to door in centre of second
The west range was extended on east side between the wings in
1859. This extension has central projecting bay on its east
side with a moulded doorway inscribed "IP/EDB 1859"
approached by a stair (added 1923). Good interior including
library in S wing.
To W is a garden wall which has two gate-piers with
ball-finials and a niche with sculptured winged head and the
laundry: single storeyed with laigh floor, corbie-stepped.
Statement of Special Interest
Grandhome Estate belonged successively to Keiths, Ogilvies,
Buchanans Gordons, Jaffrays until late 17th century when it
passed to Patons of Farrochie, Fettercairn, Kincardineshire
in which family it still remains.
An earlier name for the property was Dilspro. John Jaffrey,
Provost of Aberdeen, owned it. After his death in 1684 his
son Thomas sold it to George Paton who changed the name to