1807. Internal re-modelling and re-fitting, A and W Reid, Elgin, 1872.
Rectangular church, pinned dark whinstone front, heavily pointed rubble flanks, contrasting tooled pale grey
Avochie granite dressings. Round-headed, keystoned entrance in E gable (probably similar W entrance blocked by later vestry); 4 large regular round-headed windows light long S elevation, keystoned and with blocked imposts; similar smaller gallery windows in E and W gable, each with keystoned oculus above. Margined horizontal-pane glazing. Bellcote at W gable apex, ball finial at E; local slate roof.
Single storey vestry at W gable.
Blocked 1st floor gallery entrance at rear below which is re-used and re-set door surround from earlier church with
curved step on which stands substantial stone (?) font.
Moulded, round-headed doorpiece with large keystone with carved 'winged soul'; carved detailing to base of jambs.
INTERIOR: remodelled on traditional lay-out with rectangular pulpit in centre of S wall and 5-sided gallery with
panelled and arcaded front. Fragment of carved stone (possibly a pediment) dated 1672 and with carved star,
stands in entrance porch.
BURIAL GROUND: rubble walled burial ground coped at E to roadway with cast-iron railings. 18th, 19th and subsequent tombstones including substantial memorial to former Minister, died 1826, and to Alexander Duff of Mayen (early 19th century).