1817, with circa 1840 rear wing. SW facing, 2-storey over
raised basement, 3-bay house with symmetrical frontage.
Harled, tooled and polished ashlar margins and dressings.
Centre door approached by splayed flight of steps oversailing
raised basement; cast-iron handrail corniced and pilastered
doorpiece, panelled door. 2 ground floor windows in W gable;
lower 2-storey, 2-bay (circa 1840) rear wing. 2-pane glazing
in main house, 12-pane at rear. Coped panelled end stacks;
STEADING: long low mainly single storey steading at rear of
house. Harl pointed rubble, tooled ashlar dressings. 2-bay
square-headed cartshed/gighouse with loft above. Slate
Statement of Special Interest
Ceased being Church of Scotland Manse in 1988. The small
square single storey bungalow, sited behind the manse, now
used as a church hall, is not included in listing.