J M Dick Peddie, 1909 - 11; service wing additions, 1907.
Edwardian classical, substantial 2-storey mansion. Coursed
rubble, tooled and polished ashlar dressings and margins. E
facing entrance front with W garden elevation.
12-bay E front with slightly advanced centre 2 and outer 2
bays; wide segmental pediment to centre fronted by porte
cochere supported by 2 sets paired Roman Doric columns;
panelled entrance door with narrow side lights. paired 1st
floor windows with moulded lintels and Gibbsian detailing;
coat of arms in centre of tympanum; channelled ashlar angle
W GARDEN FRONT: symmetrical 2-storey and attic 10-bay W front
with wide advanced outer bays each with shallow projecting
bowed 3-light window rising full-height; centre 2 bays
defined by giant channelled angle pilaster strips under wide segmental-headed pediment with tympanum crest; long
multi-pane glazed French windows in bays 3 and 8; 6
Longer windows in ground floor than 1st; 12- and 15-pane
glazing; channelled ashlar quoins to all projecting bays;
deep ashlar base course. Panelled coped end and ridge stacks;
piended slate roofs.
Lower 1907 2-storey service wing at S gable.
INTERIOR: spacious austere interior with simple detailing.
Central vaulted top lit stairhall with arcaded screen
supported by paired Roman Doric columns; wooden staircase
with balusters and wide moulded handrail.
DRAWING ROOM: simple chimneypiece at each end with mantel
shelf supported by paired slender columns, sliding doors
divide room. Simple moulded cornices; beaded panelled window
shutters and doors, moulded door frames.
GATEPIERS: sited at road end of long driveway (NJ 066 557).
Probably 1776 and removed to present site from former Blervie
House, now Blervie Mains House. Tall pair square polished
ashlar piers, panelled; deep moulded cornice with stepped cap
supporting swagged urn with fluted base. No gates.