1735-6. Simple T-plan kirk with long S facing 4-bay elevation.
Rubble, contrasting painted ashlar dressings, some re-used
from former church.
Substantial pointed-headed entrance at SW (left) with moulded
re-used jambs; smaller square-headed doorway at SE (right)
with deeply moulded re-used jambs placed upside-down (run-off
stops pointing upwards; sited close to lintel instead of at
base by kerb); small window above with deeply chamfered
margins cutting through (obscure) dated cill. Small centre
mural sundial dated 1740. Blocked centre Minister's door
flanked by enlarged windows; later enlarged round-headed N
gallery window; blocked T-wing door; 4- and multi-pane
Bellcote at W gable apex dated 1723 (date of construction)
and 1735 (date of removal to New Spynie); Michael Burgerhuys
bell dated 1637. Slate roofs.
INTERIOR: T-plan interior with original layout; raised and
fielded panelled galleries E and W. Demi-octagonal raised and
fielded panelled pulpit in centre of S wall with reeded
pilastered backboard and corniced tester. Simple grained board
pews, some of 'box pew' type.
ENCLOSED WALLS. Church enclosed by simple rubble wall.
Entrance flanked by plain gatepiers.