Dated 1776. Centre 2-storey, 3-bay granary block of former
large U-plan S facing hollow square. Rubble, ashlar
dressings. Centre doorway; centre round-headed keystoned loft
door with blocked imposts above, flanked by small loft window
each side. Centre gable breaks wallhead with coat of arms and
apex birdcage bellcote with ball finial, weathervane and
2 rear loft windows and large later entrance slapped in
ground floor. Piended loft entrance breaks wallhead at E with
Piended local slate roof with stone ridge.
INTERIOR: ceiling removed.
Roofless range at E; irregular single storey and loft range
at W, with corrugated iron roof.
Statement of Special Interest
Centre granary block is the only original feature to survive
of a remarkable and large U-plan steading. All former
buildings to E are ruinous and overgrown; a re-modelled range
survives at W; this is not included in listing.
A mill pond can be traced at NE.
Bell inscribed LETTERFURIE.