A Marshall Mackenzie of Matthews and Mackenzie, Aberdeen,
1886. Gothic. Rubble, tooled ashlar dressings. Centre
pointed-headed entrance in E gable flanked by plate-traceried
windows under continuous hoodmould with ball-flower stops;
double leaf plank doors with decorative cast-iron hinges.
Large hoodmoulded wheel window in gable above entrance; apex
4-bay long N and S elevations lit by 3-light cusped windows
under pointed-headed hoodmould.
Projecting rear vestry with canted W gable, each facet lit by
triple cupsed lights; moulded and pointed-headed entrance N
and S in vestry.
Lattice-pane glazing; low pulvinated string course encircles
church; squat clasping buttresses; rhones supported by masked
brackets; slate roofs.
Statement of Special Interest
Ecclesiastical building in use as such.
Church replaced that built in 1785 serving the QUOAD SACRA
parish of Enzie, comprising the eastern portion of Bellie and
western part of Rathven parishes.