Probably James MacLeran, architect; building supervised by Alexander Laing, architect. Built by 1800. L-shaped block nine bay symmetrical front to south. Droved ashlar, cornice at eaves, slated roof; centre three bays advanced with pediment over, central cart-entry with segmental head (blocked), door with fanlight to left. Blind thermal window with painted glazing in pediment. 3 bays left of centre; formerly door flanked by windows; that to left now enlarged to form garage opening; above, two blind openings, painted with part-glazed doors, flanking loft door with hoist over. 3 bays to right of centre: repeats former arrangement of left wing at ground floor, unaltered centre window above later bipartites to left and right. 4 1st floor windows are
bipartite. Lower and later wing to rear; west front, coursed rubble with droved ashlar dressings, block cornice at wall-head, slated roof; four cart-sheds with segmental headed openings, projecting key-blocks. Cottage under same roof to north, two-window with centre door, later attic over. Alterations to courtyard: main block, boulder-rubble, side
wing coursed rubble, most openings altered. Original flagged and setted path surrounds the whole building. Pair of coped ashlar gate-piers in courtyard. Single storey 3-bay cottage to north of stables is rubble-
built with ashlar dressings; boarded central door with rectangular fanlight; 12-pane sashes; straight skews; corniced end stacks; slate roof.