Possibly late 18th century farmhouse, radically remodelled
and extended to 2-storey, L-plan farmhouse with single
storey wing to W of 3-bay front. Peddie and Washington
Browne added mansard attic, 1909. Modern addition at
rear. Harled rubble with painted ashlar dressings,
raised cills and rusticated quoins.
S ELEVATION: symmetrical, with pilastered doorpiece at
centre; architraved door with decorative fanlight.
Windows to flanking bays with pulvinated friezes.
Recessed (1909) 4-bay wing to W, bipartites at ground to
centre and right, and pedimented dormerheads to 1st floor
windows. Outer left bay raised as ogee-roofed
pavilion. Arched doorway at ground in raised ashlar
panel. Asymmetrical N elevation. Pavilion to outer right
bay of rubble, with doorway and windows.
12-pane glazing to sash and case windows. Slated roofs
with swept eaves to mansard. End stacks with moulded
coping, some raised.
INTERIOR: much altered on sub-division.