Circa 1850. 2-storey gabled farmhouse, with 2nd storey
breaking eaves. Red rubble sandstone with stugged
ashlar dressings and chamfered arrises.
S (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: 3-bay symmetrical; pediment to
doorway with decorative fanlight. Timber mullioned
bipartites flanking at ground and in smaller 1st floor
openings, set in gabled dormerheads.
N ELEVATION: pentice roofed projecting at centre and to
right, at ground, with irregular windows and doorway on
E return. 2 single windows in dormerheads as above.
E AND W GABLES: blank with projecting central gable end
stack with off-sets each bearing 4 diamond flues with
original cans retained.
Plate-glass glazing pattern. Crowstepped skews with
beak skewputts to all gables. Grey slates.
Rubble coped red rubble sandstone retaining wall to S.
Statement of Special Interest
Steading sited a few yards to W. Almost certainly
pattern book design, similar to Kirklandhill Farmhouse
in form (not inlcuded in current parish listings),
possibly by James Hannan, mason.