Large late 19th century rambling 2-storey and attic house,
with much altered 1800 2-storey and attic, symmetrical 3-bay
house as central portion. All harled with tooled and polished
ashlar dressings and margins. Near symmetrical south front with
former centre entrance (as window) in bracketted corniced
doorpiece with decorated entablature and engaged Ionic
columns; coat of arms rests on cornice. Flanking ground and
1st floor tripartites; tall centre crowstepped gable with
flanking dummy corbelled bartizans with blind cruciform arrow
slits and conical roofs. Centre 3 bays flanked by advanced
gabled 2-storey wings with 4-light windows in ground floors and tripartites in 1st; rounded ground floor angles, with corbel
detailing and string courses above. Long west elevation with
advanced near centre gabled bay with main entrance in
hoodmoulded Tudor arch and with oriel above. Angle drum
tower rises 3 storeys at SW, terminating in conical roof
with cast-iron weathervane. Mainly 2-pane glazing with
multi-pane upper lights.
Various rear extensions mask base of original projecting
semi-circular stair well rising into piended bowed roof.
Corniced end and ridge stacks; crowsteps; slate roofs.