James Smith, 1830-32. Alterations and repairs, Andrew Maitland,
1853. Rectangular, harl pointed rubble, ashlar dressings.
Square projecting tower in centre with round-headed windows in
ground floor and side Minister's entrance; chamfered angle at
second stage with blind occuli; octagonal belfry at third
stage rising above church wallhead, with round-headed louvred
vents and leaded dome capped by wind vane. Tower flanked by
two large and long round-headed windows; with substantial
semi-circular upper lights and tripartites with narrow side
lights. Symmetrical fenestration in north, east and west
elevations; all small segmental headed windows with multi-pane
glazing, 2 in ground floor and gallery outer bays, north and
south elevations, and 3 similarly placed in east and west
flanks (some window blind).
Centre projecting piended porches in north, east and west
elevations; piended platform slate roof.
Interior; 5 sided panelled gallery supported on fluted cast-iron columns; original fittings, pulpit and sounding board.
Burial ground; coped rubble wall; some spearhead cast-iron
railings and gates; mounting block at entrance.
Various burial enclosures, one with dated lintel of 1675 and
portion of stone window tracery. Various 18th, 19th and 20th