Dated 1847. Random rubble with droved grey ashlar
dressings with polished borders. Cartshed, granary,
power house and stalk arranged in line running N-E.
Grey slates; lead flashings.
CARTSHED AND GRANARY: 11 segmental archways to cartshed
with chamfered arrises to dividing piers broached and
droved voussoirs and dated panel above pier to left of
centre archway. Louvred rectangular openings to
granary above, set under eaves. Fine joinery and
scissor beams to cartshed ceiling. W elevation of range
blank at ground, with similarly detailed granary
openings above. Piend roof.
POWER HOUSE: taller piend roofed power house adjoining
cartshed range at N end at right angles; no longer
STALK: circular section tapering stalk in red brick.
Statement of Special Interest
N range recently demolished. S range extant, but in poor
condition. Listed W range forms an impressive array of
cartsheds and fine, early improvement steading.
Grieve's House to N, listed separately.