Originally late 18th century; greatly enlarged and recast,
probably by William Robertson of Elgin, work completed by
James Ross, 1839-45; neo-classical, ashlar; 2 storeys.
South (entrance) front 7 bays with pedimented centre
recessed between adjacent bays treated as pylons with giant
anta pilasters framing the windows raised blocking course,
advanced distyle in antis Ionic portico linking 3 centre
bays giant angle pilasters at ends. East (original front of
late 18th century house) 5 bays with centre pilastered and
corniced tripartite doorpiece (now window) with tripartite
above. Eaves band, cornice and blocking course. Interior of
interest with late 18th century stairhall and good quality
plasterwork. Additions at rear.