1836-39. Tall 2-storey and attic house over raised basement,
rising full 3 storeys at rear (north) elevations owing to
sloped site. Coursed red rubble south frontage, harled
pointed rubble flanks, tooled ashlar dressings and margins.
Centre corniced entrance with rectangular fanlight,
approached by flight steps oversailing raised basement,
and with curved cast-iron balustrade. Steps linked to
frontage at broad band-course. Summetrical fenestration;
pair later 19th century canted gabled dormers with shaped
wooden finials in outer bays.
Symmetrical rear fenestration somewhat marred by later
bathroom window insertions and by single storey, irregular
3-bay porch masking entrance. Gablet with apex stack rises
at centre wallhead. Original 16-pane glazing survives in
most windows; coped end stacks; slate roofs. Single storey
lean-to garage extension at east gable, extending at raised
basement height, visible only as length of rubble wall at
Walled garden; 1836-39, large coped rubble walled garden.