Early 19th century double house of 2 storeys and dormerless
attic over raised basement, 5-bay south frontage with entrance
in rear north elevation. Harled with tooled ashlar margins.
Centre entrance in north entrance front masked by 1939 single
storey, wide 3-bay off-centre porch with crenellated wallhead
of differing heights, datestone above doorway with moulded
architrave and flanking windows.
Long raised ground floor windows in in south front, some blind.
Later 19th century single storey over raised basement, 2-bay
wing to west gable. 12- and 18-pane glazing.
4 broad coped gable-end stacks pierced by diminutive attic
windows, and topped by dominant batteries of 3 square (later)
ashlar flues linked by continuous cornice. Similar pair of
large gabled stacks with single flues at north elevation. Slate
Glazed conservatory at east gable.
Interior; plain interior; long shallow flight stairs in centre
of rear block, with simple decorative cast-iron balustrade.
Adamesque wood chimney piece in ground floor drawing room;
1930's chimney piece in NW ground floor additional room,
inscribed as being made from timbers of HMS Bruton (a Nelson
flag ship). Simple moulded ceiling cornices.