Circa 1830. Single storey, Cullalo ashlar lodge with red
sandstone rubble sides and rear, chamfered arrises to main
openings. L-plan with gabled porch set in re-entrant angle.
S ELEVATION: advanced gable to left with projecting panel at
centre, stone roofed with timber mullioned bipartite window,
and blind arrow slit above. Porch in re-entrant angle.
Window to right set close to porch.
Window on E gable with arrow slit above. Harled flat-roofed
and lean-to rear extensions.
Lying-pane glazing patter to sash and case windows.
Grey slates; linked ashlar diamond stacks set on base at
centre ridge. Gutterhead dated 1856.
Statement of Special Interest
Possibly designed by office of Burn and Bryce. Legend suggests
that the name The Standards refers to the standard raised by
the Templars on the site, but this is dubious as it would
require a date before 1312 when the Templars were abolished.