John Mason Junior, 1832 school, altered to schoolhouse circa
1872, when new school was adjoined to E, currently serving as
community centre. Squared and snecked, red rubble sandstone
with stugged ashlar dressings and base course.
SCHOOL HOUSE: single storey with attic and basement;
S ELEVATION: 3-bay symmetrical. Corbelled, open pediment to
door in centre gabled bay, with small pane fanlight; stone
mullioned bipartite in gable head with school bell above;
large windows flanking at ground.
Modern lean-to extension at rear. Plate glass glazing pattern to
sash and case windows; green slates to timber bracketted,
overhanging eaves; gable end stacks.
COMMUNITY CENTRE: rear block adjoined to E gable of school
house, with 2 windows to N and stone mullioned bipartite in
E gable; to S larger gabled, school room block. Projecting porch set
in re-entrant angle formed between house and school room with
shouldered lintel to door and moulded blocking course above;
boarded door with decorative hinges. Further porch, gabled,
adjoined to E end of school room block. 2 windows to S. Tall
bipartites on gable ends to E and W with small windows in gable
Multi-pane glazing pattern to S windows, with small pane to
remaining, in sash and case windows. Green slates to
overhanging timber bracketted eaves: stack set in
valley. Decorative timber bellcote with spirelet and weathervane.
Finial retained in E gable.