1790 and 1809, partly by John Mason of Spott. Plain T-plan
church with 17th century aisle incorporated to S. Porches added
in 1848 restoration. Harled with ashlar dressings and chamfered
margins. Round arched windows.
NAVE: 5-bay to S. Low gabled burial aisle adjoined at centre,
with wide doorway at ground in gable, with cusped window above
and diamond finial. 2 windows flanking aisle to each side. Taller
gabled jamb adjoined to nave at N at centre with round arched
window on gable and on E and W returns; wall monument of circa
1801 on W return, framed with cluster columns, having
composite capitals and entablature, to Rev. Cunningham and
family. Oculus on E gable with gabled porch added below circa
1848, entered on S side by panelled door, with rear door at N;
jougs removed from earlier church to hang by main door. Latin
cross finials to both E gables. Arched window on W gable, simple birdcage bellcote at gable head, with Greek cross finial.
Diamond lead-paned glazing pattern with border. Grey slates.
Saw-tooth ashlar skews.
INTERIOR: simple interior. Early 18th century hexagonal pulpit
with fluted columns and flanking Corinthian capitals flanking
ogival headed panelled backboard supporting deep corniced
sounding board; short flight of steps with turned baluster rail.
Box pews including Laird's and Manse pews. Flagged aisles,
white-washed walls and coomb ceiling. Wide embrasures to
windows. Stained glass window in W gable, 1967, Christ Healing.
Evidence of former door to S aisle. Recess, now blocked, to N of
SESSION HOUSE: single storey gabled T-plan session house, sited
as lodge to church at S. Squared and snecked red sandstone with
stugged ashlar dressings. Gable porch adjoined to E gable.
Narrow windows to N elevation with lead-paned, diamond pattern,
bordered glazing. Ashlar coped skews, grey slates and squat
diamond stack to S wallhead.
BOUNDARY WALLS AND RAILINGS: rubble boundary walls, and
arrowhead, cast-iron railings and cast-iron piers by session
Early, decorative gravestones, with memento mori, one dated
1664. Celtic cross of circa 1892 to James Sprot, Patron of