Stable court of late 18th century, remodelled in 1841.
Red sandstone rubble with ashlar dressings and some
chamfered arrises. 2 ranges with additional cartshed,
surrounding cobbled court on falling ground to E of
S RANGE: single storey range with stepped gable to W
end, partly harled. Altered and irregular openigns to N
and S elevations with regular 3-bay bothey to S at W
end. Some flagstones retained on interior, converted for
various purposes, currently used for storage only. Some
roof slates remaining.
E RANGE: 2-storey gabled range, raised from single
storey in 1841 and recently converted. Pointed Gothic
window inserted in S gable, in former semi-circular
archway now blocked with Y-traceried glazing.
COURT ELEVATION: in 3 sections. Timber lintelled
cartshed opening at centre with modern garage doors and
former hayloft door above blocked to window with
flanking windows. 2 semi-circular archways to outer
right with boarded doors and 2 windows above. Fanlit
doorway, bipartite and single window at ground level to
outer left, irregularly grouped with windows above.
REAR ELEVATION: largely blank with tall ground floor
window to right of centre and 3 small 1st floor windows.
Small-pane glazing; grey pantiles with some slates
retained on E pitch to N. Ridge and gable end stacks.
N CARTSHED: stepped ashlar single storey bay set in
rubble boundary wall with 2 semi-circular coach
openings and wide gabled projection behind to N with
single window in gable end. Segmentally arched, lower
opening flanking to left of court side. Boarded doors.